Sunday, May 17, 2015

Focus on being fit not abs.

A strong core is essential to our bodies, but I've found in my experience, I'm just not cut out for six pack abs. I have a lean strong stomach from doing deadlifts, front and back squats and hanging leg raises in the Alpha Body Blueprint, but maybe six pack abs aren't everything. Hell, this is a quote from Justin Devonshire from his 21 Day Emergency Muscle Blueprint Program: "Strong midsection: a 6-pack is not always required, but as long as your midsection is hard, robust and strong-looking."
I have a strong mid-section, I eat healthy balanced meals. Granted I like pizza and ice cream; those are my guilty pleasures. But with the kind of job I work at in a factory now, I burn off all the carbs I intake plus working out six days a week (one being an active light weight recovery workout), I've decided I'm just fine.
I've gained muscle in the past five weeks from going through the first phase of ABB two times in a row again. I weigh 167 but it's in muscle. I don't have a gut, and I'm lean and strong. I'll never be an epic action hero, that's life despite what I like to fantasize. The key to getting stronger is sticking with a program that works and getting good at it.
I've thought about doing SixPackShortcuts or tried other programs. They don't click for me like the Alpha Body Blueprint does, and the twenty-seven dollars I paid for it has been worth it. So now I'm just focused on being fit, strong and lean, not movie star caliber, but decent. Also I've started sprinting  a few days a week because heck, it's summer time, and I love the outdoors. So I'm off for now. Remember find a workout plan that clicks for you and stick with it, and high frequency training is what I love. I look forward to working out now that it's become such an integral part of my life. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment