Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sticking with Alpha Body

The other day I wrote a post saying I'd go to the six pack shortcuts program, but I realized something, I love the Alpha Body Blueprint. It combines bodyweight, dumbbells and barbell training in a short six day a week system. So I've decided, it's the plan I'll stick with, and I won't do the third month of the extreme bodyweight challenge.
What's great about the Blueprint is it can be adapted into a four week program, and each workout of every week is consistent but a little bit different. I like what Elliot Hulse said in a video of his, stick with a workout program for one year. Don't worry about what anybody else is doing. Also, I'm not gonna be a workout plan whore. I know one thing my deadlift and squats sure have improved. I can currently deadlift 225 and I only weigh 167. That's fifty-two more pounds than I weigh.
If I'm ever on the go, I figure I can do bodyweight omnisets and angular training. I mean what's wrong with having a lean strong body and core? Sure I may not have a six pack or a gut, but my core is still tight and strong, and all I have is time to improve. So I'm sticking with the Alpha Body Blueprint, and I'm not changing a dang thing about it. I love it. I've gained muscle, and heck I'll just use the extreme bodyweight routines as a warmup from time to time. So be faithful to something that works and is already great. Next year I may do a different workout routine. I don't know yet, but this the year of becoming an Alpha for me. Learning skills, and improving my life so one day I can have a future a beautiful woman who's been my best friend for nearly five years and is in brazil at the moment.
She's the only one for me and so is this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment