Monday, January 19, 2015

Why I use bodyweight angular training

Oi, to all the people on googleplus. As you can guess by now, one of my personal heroes and fitness mentors would have to be Todd Kuliskis of the A Shot of Adrenaline Website. The reason I admire Todd is the physique he's gotten from using just bodyweight alone. Now the reason I'm using barbells is not to gain significant mass, but to help get that sharp  Brad Pitt kind of look. I still have a long way to go, and the Alpha Body Blueprint uses Rusty Moore's Principles from Visual Impact Muscle Building.
So why do I still use body weight exercises? To get naturally stronger of course, and to help keep my physique lean. Try doing some falling towers exercises after a front squat or deadlift. Now those suckers really work the glutes, and hurt like hell, but I love 'em.
What I'm doing is basically experimenting upon myself to see how stronger I can get bodyweight style. I train five days per week with two of those days being metabolic and more fat burning focused. I don't go real heavy on the barbells, but on the bodyweight I go crazy.
For example yesterday, I'd do four bodyweight exercises after a main exercise in the Blueprint workout, and it was tough but worth it. Since tomorrow is a strength and power day, after my main routine, I'll be doing all the bodyweight exercises to absolute failure to see how much stronger I've gotten.
But yeah, angular training is a great way to gain natural functional strength, burn fat, build endurance, all at one time. Until tomorrow adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment